Saturday, September 30, 2006











The nightly hunt came early this evening

While watching Law and Order we heard a noise in the kitchen

We listened again, sure enough - dishes don't rattle themselves

We sprang into action

We advanced on the kitchen from both directions

Nowhere in the kitchen or the breakfast room could the possum be seen

I noticed an open cabinet, Roomba had been roaming and I had left a cabinet door open so Ralph the Roomba could clean beneath the door

Could he be in the cabinet?

Unfortunately, I guessed correctly

There in the back among the seldom used objects was a possum

Paul says "He looks like Snarl!"

Snarl was the first possum, so named because he liked to show his teeth

We took his picture

Then we removed all the plastic and glassware from the cabinet

An entire dishwasher load - oh joy

Paul thought awhile about how we were going to get him out

Then he got the marshmallow roasting fork

No Problem

Soon Snarl was in a laundry basket

We checked him out

He had blue green hair

ACKKK . . . . he was a repeat from last night

We got a better laundry basket (one with smaller holes)

We got a lid

We headed to the car

The Mighty Blue Snarl was taken to the Formal Gradens near the Tulsa Historical Society Building

Paul pulled up on the road that said "Pickups and Deliveries"

Well . . . after all we had a delivery

I got out of the car and deposited The Mighty Blue Snarl (may he be the last of his kind) amid the monkey grass

We have returned home

Victorious

I hope

We are retiring to the patio for a victorious toast

May your evenings be glorious

We will leave out bread

May it still be there in the morning

NANCY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home