Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stevenson's 2, possums 0

Well the evening battle is over

We were sitting at our computers engaged in serious intellectual activity (playing solitaire)

I hear a noise

I say "Do you hear that noise" to Paul

He says "yep"

I back off from my computer and I see something run by in the living room

I tell Paul that I think it has run behind the couch

We get up and head for the couch, Paul yanks the couch out from the wall

No possum

He gets a flashlight and searches under the couch

No possum

I see it run by into the kitchen

We dash to the kitchen

It runs to the breakfast room

It hides behind one of the kitchen camping boxes that we haven't yet got stored from our summer camping vacations

We consider our course of action

I get the laundry basket to block its path back into the kitchen

Paul gets the gloves

The vicious creature is cowering behind the box

Paul yanks it out by the tail

It slips away

It runs back for the kitchen

I catch it in the laundry basket and we run it out on to the patio

Paul says "Lets get the camera!"

He heads off to get a camera

I watch it climb out of the basket

I pick up the basket and chase it across the lawn . . .off our property and onto the psychologist's parking lot (yes we now have a psychologist who offices behind us)

Anyway it is gone - may it be the last of its kind

I put out bread to see if there is another

More to come . . . . . . .

NANCY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home