Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stevensons 3 Possums 0


Ah! . . . it is the evening

A hunt is anticipated

We retire to our computers

Anna calls

She is in the land of civilization - Massachusetts

We talk with her, I retire to the living room couch to hear of her fabulous success in pharmacy school

and there . . . lurking in the kitchen

I see a shadow of a possum

We tell Anna we have to get off the phone to go on our evening possum hunt

Paul goes one way

I go the other

We corner the beast in the kitchen

Paul has the camera at the ready - the batteries revolt of course

Finally we get the camera to work and Paul takes its picture (next email)

He chases it out of its corner and

SCORE!!!!

I get it in the laundry basket

I am getting good at this

I prepare to take it outside

And we remember the advice of our son Glenn

His hypothesis is that we are catching the same possum over and over

His suggestion is that we spray paint the possum to see if we are getting the same possum over and over

So . . . Paul heads for the basement - to find spray paint

I take the possum out in the laundry basket and play shake-a-possum

As I toss the possum in the air to prevent it from leaving the basket he grasps the side of the laundry basket with his marsupial tail

You know, I'd never really seen that action in an animal - but I digress

Paul returns, way too many tossings of the possum later

He has a can of green spray paint

We spray the possum

Twice - he doesn't like it much

You know, I've seen that color on student's hair

Finally, after several pictures we take him out behind the house

I lift the basket up and shake him into the psychologist's parking lot

Aren't her clients going to have a a scare?

Ah well

We shall put out the bread and see if we have gotten them all

Hope you are all having a wonderful evening

NANCY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home